FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Two and a half years now??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lori martin
    lori martin
    Participant

I doubt my dogs Dna will ever be done? I mean almost two and a half years now?

brittney logan
    brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

We apologize for the long wait, and understand your frustrations.

I can assure you that your dogs sample remains safe and stable. Your dog is participating for free, meaning we will support the sequencing process when the funds are available. We continue to write up and apply for more grants so we can do so. We too are very eager to support our free participation samples.

If you do not want to wait, we have provided the option for owners to support their dogs sample to be sequenced (since the sample is with us it would only be $99).

Of course, the choice to remind participating for free or support your dogs sample is up to you!

We thank you very much for your patience, participation and for completing the behavioral surveys, which helps us to apply for more grants!

lisa griffis
    lisa griffis
    Participant

Do you use Embark? I heard that was the best most accurate company, especially for rare breeds or European dogs with little US presence

brittney logan
    brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

We do not use Embark, but you are more than welcome to share your dog’s Embark results with us so then we can do a comparison of their results to ours.

If interested in sharing, please check out our blog post regarding how to go about it:

Share your dog’s Embark Results with Darwin’s Dogs

With our sequencing methods, we can look at over 5,000,000 markers in the DNA compared to that of Embark, which is “over 200,000”. Embark does however have more breeds in their reference panel compared to our study. As our research continues and more dogs enroll providing more DNA samples, we hope to continuously grow the number of breeds that we can identify.

I hope this helps!

Brittney

lori martin
    lori martin
    Participant

How do I do the 99 dollar donation for my dogs sample?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login