FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Sequencing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    samantha newell
    Participant

As of 6/8/18 my dog’s DNA kit has been listed as “sample being sequenced” what does this mean?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Samantha,

This means that your dogs saliva sample is now shipped out to a lab to be sequenced! This is a research study where we wanted to uncover what is hidden in your dogs DNA and see if there are correlations between behavior! That is our long term goal and it will take time as it has never been done before. We will also be looking into your dogs ancestry ancestory once we get the raw data back from being sequenced.

Below is a link to one our stories, which I think will help you to better understand the sequencing process that your dogs DNA sample is going through! 🙂

How we get information from your dogs DNA

jennifer ciniello
    Participant

My sample was sent for sequencing in March and I haven’t seen anything yet. So I expect there is some wait for any information from the sequencing.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Yes your dogs sample has been sequenced. It takes quite so time for the processing and then we need to get the raw data back so we can do computational work to make sense of it all. Then comes the formatting and making of the graphs and results for you. We are working on uploading results to various participants profiles, we have just been working out the kinks with this new webpage set up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login