FORUM

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kristen johnson 2
    Participant

kate-leber I agree! I was so excited to contribute to this. I”m so fascinated by it. I’ve been trying to guess what one of my dogs is based on her personality. She has to have some kind of livestock breed in her because she sits and stares watch out the window frozen forever! It’s her mission in life. What did your dogs results show? Were you able to guess what they might say? I was pretty dead on with my other dog. He was easy though he looks exactly like an Australian Cattle Dog and Terrier mix……I just didn’t know which terrier(s).

sarah rolseth
    Participant

I submitted 4 dogs (we had 4 at the time sadly 1 has passed) it took about 3 years to get results for all 4 of the dogs. Sadly they are heavily mixed so a good portion of all of their breeds are unknown.

rebecca smiley
    Participant

I’ve been waiting since 6-1-2018. I’m thinking despite my dog have a rare breed in him (Alaskan Klee Kai) that I’ll never get his results from here.

kristen johnson 2
    Participant

Rebecca you will…..it takes time. Luckily for the study they have lots of participation…….but that means they can’t process all our samples quickly. But it will be good in the long run. I think we’ll learn a lot about not only our own pets but dogs in general. And they’ll have to process that DNA in order to be able to use your information so you know it’ll get done. Lol.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Thank you Kristen, well said, we appreciate that!

Unfortunately it does take time for us to fund our participating dogs with the grant money that we have. We continue to apply for more though! The more data the more powerful the research.

In order to combat the wait time issue, we have made Darwin’s Ark into a non-profit, which allows owners to donate, funding their dogs sample to be sequenced right away. This is of course optional.

To learn more about our participation options, please check out our FAQ page.

Happy Holidays!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login