FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark results?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    charmaine wakefield
    Participant

Hi I received and sent back the DNA kit many months ago. Will I ever get the results from that? I don’t see any indication on here that it still being analyzed. Do I need to start all over again?
    What is the status?
    Charmaine Wakefield –

jamie wagner
    Participant

You might as well scrounge up the $ for a donation- there have been people waiting for over 2 years for their results- you are in for a very very long wait!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Charmaine and Jamie,

With our new collaborations and methods we plan to make this project run as smoothly and quickly as possible. But you are enrolling your dog in research, this is not a business. Wait times will vary, there is no doubt about that since grant money can be slow to receive.

In order to let our participants have more of a say and options though, that is why we made Darwin’s Ark into a non-profit so that if you don’t want to wait, then you can fund your dogs sample.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Charmaine,

No need to start over, we have your dogs samples here safe and sounds. We are absolutely still sending out samples and analyzing them.

If you wish to remain participating for free, no action is needed on your dogs profile. If you would like to fund your dogs samples, you can click on the “Order Analysis” button to see the options.

Since we do have your dogs samples here and the surveys are filled out, it is only $99.00 to fund them. That is not very clear in our FAQ and we are working to update that! Again, completely optional and up to you!

mary iovino
    Participant

Hi Brittney, any results on Izzy’s DNA yet ? I have donated $ 30.00 and then I funded her results for the $99.00 Do you have any idea when I should get her results?? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You,
    Mary Iovino

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Yes since you have funded her sample, it is actually going out for sequencing today! We have to send out samples in batchs of around 200 due to various reasons such as cost, keeping track of samples and not to overwhelm the lab.

In about 90-120 day we expect to have raw data back to us to analyze further and then we will be able to upload results to Izzy’s profile! Thank you so much for the donation and for funding your dogs sample. We are so excited to check out her information!

Best,
    Brittney

mary iovino
    Participant

🤗 I can’t hardly wait !!!! 🤗🤗

kelly edler
    Participant

My dogs status says Analyzing so what’s the next step or when will I know the results?

kelly edler
    Participant

It says that on 10/25/2018…

marta towne
    Participant

One of my dogs was chosen to be in the 1000, his record say he has been sequenced and is being anaylized. Any idea what time period we are looking at from this point forward?

THANK YOU for a chance to contribute to a very special experiment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login