FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark looks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    courtnie-quinton
    Participant

So what does it mean when a test says that your dog is mostly lab, but looks just like a PitBull. Can the tests be wrong when they say there is no Pit in her at all?

Jennifer
    Participant

Which test? What was the exact breakdown of the results? And do you have a link to any photos of the dog? It’s hard to know what to picture when someone says a dog “looks just like a pit bull.”

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Courtnie,

It depends which test you are referring too, your dog has not yet been sequenced by us so I cannot provide much information about your pup specifically. For our genetic testing, it depends on what we have in our reference panel (located on our FAQ page).

We are constantly working to build our reference panel so that results are more accurate. Right now we are working on getting more American Pit Bull Terriers into our reference panel, so we should be able to tell reliable % of Pit Bull in your dog once sequenced! 🙂

I hope this helps!

courtnie-quinton
    Participant

I am trying to figure out how to post a picture. Is there a way to do this ??

Jennifer
    Participant

I guess(?) in principle you could, if your image hosting service wouldn’t consider that hotlinking and you’re using the correct HTML tags and attributes. A simpler way would be to just cut and paste the “Direct Link” for your picture(s) or album, which on most image hosting services will be in the form “https://NameOfImageHostingService/IndividualPhotoOrAlbumCode” or something like that. That would just appear as ordinary text on this forum, but any reader could then cut and paste it into their browser’s address bar to view the picture(s).

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Courtnie,

Once logged into your account, please go to “My Laboratory” to view your profile. You will see under you name the word “Edit” in pink text. If you click on that there is a section to upload a file from your computer.

The same goes for your dogs profile if you would like to upload a picture of your dog.

Hope this helps!

kate battista
    Participant

“Right now we are working on getting more American Pit Bull Terriers into our reference panel, so we should be able to tell reliable % of Pit Bull in your dog once sequenced! ”

Hi! When the APBTs are added will tests that have already been sequenced be updated if the dog has apbt ancestry?

kathleen morrill
    Keymaster

Hi Kate,

Yes, all participant results will be updated when the new reference panel is released! American Pit Bull Terrier ancestry should then be detectable.

kate battista
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login