FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Is there a link to see an example

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey-Wright
    Participant

Of everything included in DNA results?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Kelsey,

Currently we are providing Ancestry/Breed Calling data for participants. This is a nice chart showing you the percentage of breeds in your dog. We will also continue to work with the data to provide personality and morphological predictions for your dog. Our overall goal with this research is to find correlations between behavior and genetics, which has never been done before!

We have much more detailed information provided in our “Stories” if you are interested in learning more about our research and what we are working on.

Here are a few of our posts below:

How we get information from your dogs DNA

How we get information from your dogs DNA

All about ancestry: your dog’s results and what they mean

All about ancestry: your dog’s results and what they mean

I hope this helps!

Jennifer
    Participant

For the morphological predictions, since that’s not a focus of the study per se, would that basically take the form of noting which alleles the dog is carrying at genes already known to affect physical phenotype? (e.g. curly hair, brachycephaly, merle) Or do you also have ambitions to identify previously unknown causative mutations, or to share data with researchers who are studying physical phenotype? For example, I have a purely armchair interest in color and coat pattern genetics, and I know that even in that one small and admittedly-not-too-important-in-the-big-picture area, there are still so many unanswered questions despite the relative simplicity of identifying good candidates for study, probably largely due to a shortage of funding for research into the topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login