FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark High percentages unknown, a lot of known lower percentages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sarah rolseth
    Participant

We had 3 of our dogs tested. 1 was a supposed purebred who came back with o my about 43% of the breed, and over 50% unknown. One of the other dogs we have no clue, his highest percent was 25% known, and a few low percentages, then over 50% unknown. Our last dog we got results for today. 44.1% was unknown, which I kind of expected. What I did not expect was 10 different breeds to come back. The highest being 18% and the lowest 2.4%. How do you come up with all these percentages but such a large percentage on every dog is unknown? Is it that you dont have the breeds in the database? Is there a list of breeds you currently do or don’t have being tested for?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for enrolling all of your dogs in our research!

We compare each of your dogs DNA to our current reference panel, which is listed on our FAQ page. We will continue to expand the breeds that are in this reference panel, but it does take a lot of work and time to do so. When we update the reference panel, we will rerun all of the dogs data, and upload each dogs updated results. We will certainly let our participants know when this happens!

FAQs

I think you will find one of our blog posts very helpful when trying to better understand what our results mean, especially the small percentages and the unknowns portions.

All about ancestry: your dog’s results and what they mean

I hope this helps. Thank you again for participating!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login