FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Double checking previous genetic tests

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer-Robinson
    Participant

Many years ago I end up looking at the outcome of sending swabs to 2 different labs. One said that the black Labrador in question carried chocolate. The other said he didn’t (outcomes from a litter of 10 suggested he didn’t).
    Since then I have been concerned about the accuracy of tests done by commercial labs. Color isn’t so important, but there could be bad ripple effects if, say, a dog and bitch are both found clear of PRA, but one or both are actually carriers, and the litter is cleared by inheritance.
    Question : if I send you a swab from a dog that has previously been tested by a commercial laboratory (or given a ‘clear by inheritance’ rating), would it be helpful to pass on the results of previous tests?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

At this time our research is not reporting on the health tests, but can certainly return the raw results from the sequencing to you.

We are in the process of developing the physical trait results (like coat color tests) so that will eventually be reported on your dog’s profile at a later time.

We can accept the raw data from commercial tests, but aren’t doing anything with it research-wise right now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login