FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark DNA testing instructions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen-Mack
    Participant

The DNA testing instructions cut off halfway through the process. The video says to shake the inserted swab for 10 seconds but then what does one do? Do we put the entire unit into the biohazard bag or just the swab? Do we then put the biohazard bag into the insulated bag and then into the mailer. I can guess which is the logical way to go but the video should include the entire process.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi apologies for not including the packing instruction into the video.

You are welcome to keep the cylinder tube, that does not need to be sent back. Please collect the sample and then insert into the biohazard bag. Then but the biohazard bag into the insulated bag and finally into the mailer.

Thank you for reaching out, and again our apologies for not including this.

Best,
    Brittney at Darwin’s Ark

Patty-Kennedy
    Participant

There were NO instructions sent with the testing kit. Because the video does not say what to do after shaking the tube ten times, I put the entire tube, with the swab, into the envelope and mailed it back. Will the swab still be usable? If not, I think I should receive a second test kit, because there were NO clear instructions!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Patty,

Apologies for not including information on how to package once the sample is collected. As long as the swab was put back into the tube with the liquid, it will be viable! 🙂

If there are any issues, we will certainly reach out.

Best,
    Brittney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login