FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark DNA test status?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mina mehvar
    Participant

Hello, I have sent in my three dogs DNA tests 3.5 years ago and I was just wondering the likelihood of these being completed as I have noticed others who have sent after me have received their free results. Thanks!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Mina,

Thank you very much for your support and participation in our research. We do apologize for the long wait, and wish we could support the sequencing for all of the Free Kits right away.

You dog’s behavioral surveys and DNA samples are very valuable to use, and I can assure you that the samples remain safe and stable.

Our research is grant funded, so depending on the grants we receive we are limited as to how many, and which dogs we can support at that time. For example, we received an allergy grant, so we were able to select and support the sequencing of dogs that fit that research project base on the survey questions answered by the owners. The grants we receive are the main source of how we can determine and send out the samples to be sequenced, but of course we do also have to select random samples to be sent as well.

We do take into consideration how long a dog has been participating and how many survey questions have been answered. The more questions answered, the more likely that dog is able to fit into the study! 🙂

I hope this helps to explain a bit of how the research works and why it takes so long.

We continue to apply for more grants and we send out samples whenever we can! We do have the option on all of the dog profiles to fund their sample if you do not want to wait any long for our funds to support the sequencing.

If you have any other questions, we are happy to help and if you would like more details on your dog directly please email us at support@darwinsark.org

Best,
    Brittney

rosemary vieira
    Participant

We just got the analysis for one of our dogs. We sent in the sample in 2016. We’re still waiting for another dog’s sample, snet at that time, but we got the sample for our third dog years ago. You could be waiting a while.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login