FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark DNA test results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andrea-rodgers
    Participant

What is the average time it takes to get the DNA test results back?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Andrea,

Normally it takes around 90-120 days for the sample to complete the sequencing pipeline. Currently, the laboratory is experiencing some minor delays, but samples continue to run through the system.

We will then work with the raw genetic data to analyze and create each dog’s unique results. We will send out an email to owners once the results are upload to the dog’s profile.

Thank you for reaching out and for your participation!

If you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

Best,
    Brittney at Darwin’s Ark

Elizabeth-Darrow
    Participant

We sent our DNA kit to you in March and have yet to receive results. Can you update us on when we might have results? Thanks

Elizabeth-Darrow
    Participant

Dear DA
    I asked on 8/8/22 how long the DNA results take, we’ve been waiting a few months now. However, I guess I should have asked how long does it take to have a question answered in your forum. My question is awaiting moderation?? I’m growing concerned about your organization, we paid almost $1500 for this.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

Apologies for the late reply, but I have replied in more detail to your request via email.

Unfortunately, the laboratory that is going our full genome sequencing has been backed up due to issues related to COVID. Normally, these samples take around 4 months until we have results. Happy to chat in more detail about your dog’s sample via email! 🙂

Best,
    Brittney

brittany elkins
    Participant

I sent mine in 2018 and still do not have results. 😩

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Brittany,

Our sincerest apologies for the long wait to have your dog’s DNA sample sent for sequencing. You were enrolled in the Free Kit Waitlist, which means that we rely on grant funds to support the sending, and sequencing of those kits. We continue to do all that we can to acquire more grant funds so that we can send your dog’s DNA sample out for sequencing.

When grant funding is received, it is based off of certain proposals/research aims, so the best way to increase your dog’s chances of being sequenced is to have as many of the behavioral surveys completed as possible! The more data we have on your dog, the more likely he/she will be “eligible” to fall into whatever the aim of that grant is. (for example we received grant money to study food allergies, so many dogs that answered the surveys pertaining to that topic were sequenced)

I hope this helps to better understand how our grant funding works, but please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Also, I can assure you that the sample still remains viable, even after many years. 🙂

We appreciate your participation and patience with the research.

Best,
    Brittney at Darwin’s Ark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login