FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark DNA Results

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    karen cumella
    Participant

I sent in our DNA kit back in Feb, 2018. Your website indicated “Awaiting Sequencing” just wondering if / when my results will be available ? is paying a $99 fee the only way at this point to receive the results.

Thanks,

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Since we are purely a research group, we run only off of grant money. Our team continues to apply for more so that we can sequence the samples that we have waiting on the free participation list. The good news is that we have been able to slowly, but consistently send out free participation samples with the grant money that we have. 🙂

In order to combat this wait time issue, we made Darwin’s Ark into a non-profit so that owners can fund their own dog if they do not want to wait for more grant money to come in.

You are more than welcome to remain participating for free, meaning we will eventually support your dogs sample to be sequenced. The timeline for that is a bit unpredictable though as things like this take time. If you do not want to wait any longer, then we have that option for owners to fund their dogs sample for $99.00 if we have it here at the lab.

I hope this helped! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Brittney

sarah rolseth
    Participant

It took about 3 years for us to get results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login