FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Dna 5 years old, still viable?

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by mina mehvar.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mina mehvar
    Participant

Hello,
    Two of my three dogs DNAs have not yet been analyzed but the samples are now over 5 years old. I was wondering if they were still viable or if I were to purchase the dna assessment if they would even be available/found as it’s been over 5 years?

Thanks!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Mina,

Thank you for enrolling all of your dogs with us!

I can assure you that the samples can remain stable for many years, and we have had great success obtaining results from samples that are even older!

Our apologies for the long wait, we continue to do all that we can to obtain more grant funding to support our “Free Kit Waitlist” participants. The more behavioral surveys that a dog has completed, the more likely they will be funded by the grants that we can acquired.

If you do not wish to wait for our grant funding any longer, you are welcome to order the analysis on your dog’s profiles for a discounted rate of $99.00 (since we already have the sample on hand). This of course is optional, and you are welcome to participate however comfortable.

Happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
    Brittney at Darwin’s Ark

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Liz,

As long as the sample itself has not been in the sun, the swab looks discolored (tan/brown) and the solution is still a nice purple, you are welcome to try!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Liz,

As long as the sample itself has not been in the sun, the swab looks discolored (tan/brown) and the solution is still a nice purple, you are welcome to try!

Liz-Kraker
    Participant

I have a DNA test kit that’s about 5 years old as well but I never used it? Is it still okay to use it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login