FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark biting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    courtnie-quinton
    Participant

Does anyone know how to get a puppy to stop biting at people and dogs. She is trying to play but when she gets giant size it could hurt. Any advice

kristen johnson 2
    Participant

Zak George on YouTube has some great training videos and I know he’s done one on puppy biting. That’s a very common issue. Check that out. I would link it but I’m at work and they block YouTube here. Lol.

dawn miller
    Participant

there are many free dog training videos on Leerburg.com as well. Basically pups bite quite a bit when they are little, between teething, exploring and playing. Using a toy to play with the pup helps. Don’t just give the toy to the pup, though. That is boring. You have to play together for a little while. Biting slows down with maturity.

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Darwin’s Ark works along side the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC). If you are interested in connecting with a certified trainer in your area, please check out the link below! Best of luck!

https://iaabc.org/consultants

kristen johnson 2
    Participant

Things like stuffed Kongs help too cause they have to chew a lot to get the stuff out of those. I like to put stuff in them and then freeze them so it’s extra work.

courtnie-quinton
    Participant

Thank you guys so much for your help!!!! I bought a Kong and it helps so much. Luckily shes avoided my shoes so far. If I have any questions I know where to ask (:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login