FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Age to answer surveys for working dog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    christen waddell
    Participant

Hello,
    I have signed up my 3 rescue mutts (one of which, Freckles, has since passed away) for your project over the years. I have recently gotten a border collie puppy for work. I’m a livestock manager, and I’ll be using her mainly to herd sheep, but also to move poultry, load pigs, and potentially do some scent work with one of our other departments. She is still just 5 weeks old and living with her mother for a few more weeks, so obviously I can’t fill out the surveys for her yet. I was wondering at what age you would recommend that I fill out the surveys for her.
    Thanks!

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Christen,

I’m sorry to hear about Freckles, our condolences, but congrats on your new addition!

It’s not so much a certain age we recommend, really once you think you know your pups personality and routine. Certainly wait a few months until your pup is settled in. You can always go back into the surveys and edit you answers if you notice changes (we keep records of the changes, and there are comment sections for each questions).

Also, on her profile you will see “Enroll as Working Dog” she sounds like she will be a great candidate for this part of the research!

Happy to help if you have any other questions about the study, have fun!

christen waddell
    Participant

Thank you Brittney. I went ahead and added her to the website and will fill out the surveys as she grows up a little more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login