FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Interaction Behavior Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    linda holub 2
    Participant

I trail hike my small dogs off-leash. They can somehow sense which dogs to greet, which are most of the dogs on this trail. They also greet people who want to say hi to them. The only one which is odd is my small black poodle. There are some people which she is overjoyed to interact with and others which she doesn’t care for. The other day we ran into a autistic boy and his mom. With a few of the dogs he would hold their heads in his hands and stare at them. They were all completely calm with this and the black poodle wiggled around in his opened arms but didn’t want to even get petted by the boy’s mom. I would love to know how the dogs are judging a scenario especially the black poodle. It doesn’t make sense to me. Any insight?
    Also at one point you were considering giving people genetic heritage information at a cost. Will this happen?

dawn miller
    Participant

If your poodle avoided mom, perhaps the mother’s body language showed protectiveness toward her child and your dog responded to that.

linda holub 2
    Participant

No, not at all. Mom was watching like me. The son was in his mid-20’s and fairly independent. He moved slowly and his actions were very deliberate and intense but soft. Since my poodle is high wired maybe his actions calmed her down a bit. (???)

Thanks for your input.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login