FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark I completed all surveys six weeks ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dora finamore
    Participant

Hi, When can I expect the DNA kit please? I submitted all surveys many weeks ago. I hope to have the DNA results so I can continue to treat my little guy (Frank) who was a rescue and suffers from portosystemic shunts. We have been to expert vets who have placed him on a home cooked vegetarian diet and Denamarin and he seems happy and it would help to see what other genetic problems he may have (or not). Thank you

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi there, I have checked your information and you’re all set to receive a DNA kit. I also noticed that you are a new participant in the study. We do have a waiting list right now since there is overwhelming interest in our research (which is a great thing!). The down side is that a kit might take a while to get to you since we are a small group trying to get thousands of kits out to eligible participants. Right now it is hard to estimate for newer participants when a kit will arrive, but we are estimating around 1-2 months. We apologize for the long wait, but are doing our best!

Also, as of the health of your dog Frank, I hope everything is okay! Please know that our research is looking into correlating behavior an genetics. We are not veterinarians and cannot provide you that specific of health information. When results do come in (which will take time) you can certainly bring it up with your vet to check out the genetic components!

Thank you very much for your participation and patience with our research! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login