FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Dog CURSED with allergies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    melissa edwards
    Participant

I really hope the information gathered helps dogs with severe allergies one day. I have a dog that my vet described as cursed with allergies. He has numerous food and environmental allergies. He takes allergy shots and daily meds. I ocassionally give him a breathing treatment from my nebulizer – I’m asthmatic. I have been up since 2:00 a.m. because we had high winds and even with new windows the allergens in the air had him sneezing and trying to clear his throat all night. After 1 1/2 Zyrtec, mucinex and a doggy aspirin he is finally comfortable and sleeping. I run an air purifier 24/7 and have had X-rays and a nasal biopsy done. All they found was congestion 🙁

It took a very long time to find the right dog food for him. Then they changed the formula and added peas and pea protein. I had to start all over again because he is allergic to pork, wheat, barley, peas and carrots. He is allergic to multiple trees and grasses as well.

Are the test kits still back logged?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

I am glad that your brought up this topic. Currently we have funding to look into canine allergies, and have included a survey that gets at this topic. It is something that is impacting many dogs and we hope to help through this research!

As for the kits, yes we are still backlogged. We are a small group and doing our best to get them out to all eligible participants. Sending out kits to thousands of participants is the responsibility of really 1-2 people and it is a lot of work. We ask for your patience as we are doing our best. Thank you! 🙂

melissa edwards
    Participant

Hi Brittney. Just touching base. Any chance I will be getting a kit soon?

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

If you go to your dog’s profile and click on the link personalized feedback you will see a long barcode number starting with 3100…….. This means that a kit has been prepared for you and will arrive soon! 🙂

melissa edwards
    Participant

Thank you so much Brittney! I haven’t had a good night sleep in 3 days because he is so congested he can’t sleep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login