FORUM

Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Citizen Science

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brieanna hughes
    Participant

Dear Admin,

I am currently a graduate student at West Virginia University working on perceptions of student, faculty and staff of Therapy Canines in Education. Although my research is not a Citizen Science project, I am noticing a lot of parallels between this research and Citizen Science projects. Do you consider this a Citizen Science project? Also, will information be provided about your methods and framework?

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work,

Brie

(I am excited to receive my collection kit and participate in this program)

brittney logan
    Keymaster

Hi Brie, I am not to sure if you are asking if Darwin’s Dogs is a citizen science project or if yours is. In the case that you are referring to our research, yes we consider ours citizen science. People have different opinions though of what citizen science constitutes and what the specific definition is. In our case, our participants are provided us with all of the information, answer the behavioral surveys and providing us with their dog’s biological sample (saliva).

I hope this helps you with your project. Best of luck! I used to work with service dogs, some ended up becoming reading dogs for kids in the classroom.

As for our methods and framework, that will definitely be in the papers we publish. For now that could be a great idea as a blog post on our webpage or even in our newsletter. We are alway happy to hear new ideas as to what people want to learn more about in our lab.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login