Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark Lancashire Heelers / Increase in already known DNA? Reply To: Lancashire Heelers / Increase in already known DNA?

kristen johnson 2
Participant

Casey, I have never heard of a Lancashire Heeler either. I had to google it and oh my gosh so cute!!! I had very similar questions with my dogs update. If you go to the forum thread I started called Change in Results you can read the response Kathleen gave me regarding my dog Dexter’s DNA being misidentified as other terriers and how they’ve been able to identify them as Jack Russell Terrier. I don’t know if that’s the case here but seems like it could be. I’m also fascinated with the appearances of the mixed breed dogs. My Dexter looks exactly like the Australian Cattle Dog and Jack Russell Terrier mix that he is. My Luna however…….I have no idea where she gets her appearance! She’s the white dog in my picture. She’s Australian Shepherd, Beagle, Jack Russell, Australian Cattle Dog, Border Collie, American Pitbull, Collie, Boxer, Pug, English Shepherd, Shetland Sheepdog, Brittany, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She has the softest rabbit like short hair and her ears are not floppy but not straight up……one is semi-floppy to the side. I guess when you mix up that many breeds you get something that’s not really any of them.