Home Page Forums Darwin’s Ark "Sample is being sequenced" how long did it take after this? Reply To: "Sample is being sequenced" how long did it take after this?

brittney logan
Keymaster

Hi Lyn,

My apologies, I should have been more specific in my first reply. The wait time can vary depending on how your are participating.

Since Darwin’s Ark is research based , we run strictly off of grant money, limiting how many free participation samples can processed at a time. To combat the wait time issue, we made Darwin’s Ark into a non-profit, creating new participation levels.

Owners choosing the Free Participation Waitlist, will have their dogs DNA sequenced by our grant money. This takes time and is limited, but we continue to keep applying for more to support these samples.

If owners don’t want to wait for grant money, they can choose the Explorer Level where they themselves fund their dogs DNA to be sequenced. The sample goes to the lab right away, and this is where it takes about 90-120 days for results. Owners participating for free can click on “Order DNA Analysis” on their dogs profile ($99.00 if we have sample) if they would rather join the Explorer level.

We have more information about our participation levels on our FAQ, but I hope this helps to better explain the wait.

FAQs

Thank you very much for your participation and patience.